Blue aragonite is a unique variety of aragonite that is a stunning blue, thanks to its traces of copper in its composition. It’s not just pretty to look at, but it also has some incredible metaphysical properties. People who work with it often find it to be soothing yet calming, making it a great choice for stress release. It can also help with communication, empathy and so much more. In today’s guide, let’s talk about the many properties blue aragonite has as well as answers to the questions you may have.
Blue aragonite metaphysical properties
Communication: It’s said to be a wonderful communication stone, as it’s said to be closely associated with the throat chakra.
Creativity: Blue aragonite may be able to stimulate your creativity and inspiration, which could provide a boost of motivation, which may provide you with a way to overcome creative blocks.
Empathy: Some even believe it’s associated with the heart chakra, which means it may be able to help you develop empathy and compassion toward others.
Energy: Blue aragonite is believed to have a very soothing and calming energy, which may be able to help you reduce your stress as well as anxiety. It’s said to help promote balance and healing.
Grounding: It’s said to provide grounding energy, which can help you connect to the physical and spiritual aspects of one’s being, effectively maintaining the balance between the two.
Spiritual growth: This crystal is often used by healers to deepen meditation as well as promote spiritual growth. It is said to help connect you to your higher self and facilitate communication with angelic realms.
Blue aragonite properties
Color: The blue you see is due to the traces of copper within the mineral, which makes it very unique in comparison to other aragonite pieces, which usually occur in shades of brown, white and/or yellow.
Composition: It’s a carbonate mineral made of calcium, carbon, and oxygen, similar to that of other carbonate minerals like calcite.
Geographic Location: It’s found throughout the world, but mainly, deposits are found in China, Morocco, Spain as well as the United States.
Hardness: On the Mohs scale of hardness, it scores a 3.5-4, which means it’s relatively soft in comparison to other gemstones.
System: It’s made up of an orthorhombic crystal system, which means it forms rectangular prisms with distinctive angles and planes.
What is blue aragonite used for? (meaning)
Energy work: It’s a crystal often used for energy work to help balance and align the chakras, especially the heart and throat.
Home décor: As most blue aragonite on the market comes in raw form, many purchase it as a way to decorate their home. Aside from raw pieces, you can also find them polished or as carved pieces, such as spheres and towers.
Jewelry: Due to its unique blue color and attractive appearance, it’s a popular choice for jewelry, such as pendants, earrings and rings.
Meditation: As it’s said to be a very calming stone, it’s often used in meditation practices to help enhance spiritual growth, which can deepen the connection with your higher self.
Blue aragonite benefits
- calming and soothing energy
- emotional healing and balance
- enhances communications
- connection with higher self
- improves empathy and compassion
- grounding and balancing energy
- encourages patience
- boosts creativity
- assists with mediation
Is blue aragonite natural?
Yes, blue aragonite is 100% natural and its unique blue color is due to the presence of small amounts of copper within the crystal structure. You will find that blue aragonite forms naturally in various locations throughout the world, mainly Spain, China, Morocco and the United States. However, do keep in mind that it is one of the less common aragonite varieties.
As a note here, there are dyed versions of blue aragonite available on the market. Sometimes, it can be harder to spot, but the blue may seem “off” or almost too “blue.” When in doubt, a reputable seller will always let you know if it’s natural or not.
Is blue aragonite rare?
Compared to other aragonite varieties, which are mostly white, brown or yellow, blue aragonite is relatively rare. While it can be found throughout the world, it is not as common as other carbonate minerals such as calcite.
Where is blue aragonite found?
It can be found all throughout the world, but the most notable sources include Austria, China, Greece, Mexico, Morocco and Pakistan.
It’s found mostly in these regions, however, it can be found in other areas of the world as well.
Blue aragonite price
The price of blue aragonite will vary on a few factors, such as the size, quality, color, intensity as well as rarity. As with any crystal, your higher-quality specimens will command a higher price tag. In this case, a blue aragonite piece displaying deep, vivid blue colors with minimal inclusions can demand a high price tag.
Blue aragonite raw pieces can cost a few dollars for a smaller, handheld piece to as much as $100+ for a larger, higher-quality piece of carving. Generally, your spheres and towers, for example, can retail for $15 to $55+, depending on the factors mentioned prior.
How to cleanse blue aragonite
Like most crystals, blue aragonite should be cleansed and charged regularly to maintain its energetic properties. This can be done in a variety of ways, from placing it under the sun for a few hours or even a full moonlight. Simply lay it out and bring it in within a few hours. You can also use lukewarm water with mild soap, but just make sure you don’t submerge for longer periods, as this could cause long-term damage. Remember, this is a softer stone in comparison to other crystals.
What is the affirmation of blue aragonite?
- I embrace the calming energy of blue aragonite, finding peace and tranquility within.
- My heart and throat chakras are aligned, allowing me to express my emotions with clarity and compassion.
- I am open to the wisdom and guidance of my higher self and the angelic realm.
- With blue aragonite’s support, I release past traumas and heal emotional wounds.
- I cultivate empathy and understanding for myself and others, fostering deeper connections.
- I am grounded and balanced, harmonizing my physical and spiritual energies.
- Patience and tolerance flow through me, helping me to accept and appreciate diverse perspectives.
- Blue aragonite sparks my creativity, allowing inspiration to flow freely.
- I communicate my truth with kindness and confidence, empowered by the energy of blue aragonite.
- My meditation practice is deepened and enriched by the presence of blue aragonite.
- I trust in the healing properties of blue aragonite, supporting my physical and emotional well-being.
- I am present and mindful, fully embracing each moment with the help of blue aragonite’s grounding energy.
- Blue aragonite strengthens my intuition, guiding me on my spiritual journey.
- I allow the soothing vibrations of blue aragonite to wash over me, releasing stress and anxiety.
- With blue aragonite by my side, I embrace my authentic self, and my inner light shines brightly.
⬇️ Join my e-mail newsletter below for special offers and updates ⬇️